Here's a picture of the kids in front out our new digs.
Easter weekend ran a little differently this year for us. For one thing, we still had to clean out our old house for our final inspection on Monday. And since Oliver missed his Easter egg hunt at school on Thursday due to a mysterious 12 hr illness, we decided to go to the squadron EE hunt on Sat. Ryan ended up being on pre flight crew Sun morning & so we opted for going to the Vigil mass Sat evening, which ended up being a 3 hr extravaganza! We also still needed to dye our eggs for the Easter bunny to hide Sat night! Needless to say, we woke up already exhausted Sat morning.
The squadron had their egg hunt at a park & even tho it was pretty ominous, it never actually rained us out!
Mimi finds a Cabdury egg at the hunt! Yum!
Oliver was too fast to catch him in a good photo during the egg hunt!
Unloading the goods.
While unpacking this week, I had a (second) chance to rethink everything we brought over here. One of those things was coffee cups! We seriously have a full cabinet of coffee cups & I'm the only person who drinks coffee daily! I need to start hosting coffee parties or something. After the egg hunt, it was home to dye our own eggs & it was then I realized the reason for all the coffee cups.
The next morning we had our own egg hunt.
I never thought I'd be one of those moms that bought their kids something just bc some other kid had it. But Mimi seems to be especially attached to a couple of her friend, Kate's, toys. One of those things is these tiny little princess dolls that have removable dresses. My friend, Courtney, told me that they were bought at Target, of course, so I had given up hope on getting them. But last week at the Bx I ran across these little dolls & snatched up each one! They were only $3! Don't judge me! Not only does she love these, but it will make our outings w friends much easier bc we won't have to be fighting over one doll! Apparently Mimi wakes up in the morning & just roams the house bc she already had them all out of their boxes & undressed before Ryan & I were even out of bed!
In the process of playing w all her dolls she managed to leave a trail of grass from the dining room to the kitchen. Yikes!
oh I love how you match the kids clothes all the time. I should do that. I never think of it though. LOL.
ReplyDeleteProbably bc you spent you whole childhood matched to someone else! ha. I have a matching problem. I already have their Easter outfits picked out for next year & let's just say, two of them will be identical! I can't wait!!
ReplyDelete