I guess this might be something silly to blog about, but it is what is happening in our daily lives.
Yesterday evening, Oliver & Ryan were out flying a kite he got for his bday. Apparently, Oliver was running full force in the opposite direction of the kite (& Ryan emphasises in the opposite direction he told him to run!) but was still looking back towards the kite. He ended up crashing into a metal park bench. Lucky, it was right behind our house so they didn't have far to come after. I was inside, as Mimi was napping, & saw Ryan carrying him across the backyard & I could hear Oliver screaming. I wasn't quite sure if he was hurt or just throwing a fit, as the two situations could require the same course of action & reaction (from Oliver) for that matter.
He was bleeding from a cut on his face & from one inside his mouth as well. After a quick assessment we decided to wake Mimi up & all head over the the ER on another base. Oliver had calmed down but was quite upset about having to go to the hospital as he may still remember when he had stitches a couple of years ago. It was pretty terrible. And actually, I was thinking the same thing & that's why we woke up Mimi & brought Ryan along w us!
The ER was quick & they told us that, luckily, his tooth had not gone thru his cheek, as I has suspected. The even better news was that he wouldn't need stitches. They just glued his cut & sent us home.
Afterwards, since we were out & it was already 730 we decided to go out to eat. Looking for somewhere really quick ended up sending us some place new, as all the fast places were packed full. We went to a place called The Pizza House, which to our surprise didn't seem to have pizza anywhere on the menu! Ah, Japan. When we got to the register, we saw a small sign that had about 6 or 7 different pizzas so we got a pepperoni & a taco pizza & let the kids get some sort of float that had apple Fanta & soft serve in it. That has to make anyone feel better, right!
Of course there were several funny one liners from Oliver thru out the evening. Something about not wanting to go to the hospital bc, ...'what do they know!' The others I wish I could remember more clearly. But the one that stands out for me the most was: I asked for some Motrin for him & when the tech brought it in a medicine cup Oliver looked at it for a long time. I don't know why, we have several here at home. He drank his medicine. Then, very slowly, I think he was past exhaustion now, he pointed a finger at the tech & said, Hey, do you think you have any more of them cups around? It's funny the things that go thru a kid's mind. But we could tell he was really worn out by the whole thing. We left w 3 extra medicine cups for our home collection.
Here's a picture of him this morning. He is trying to see past me to watch Star Wars. Oh & the big strawberry scratch on his chin is actually from Fri at school. He fell off something at the play ground bc, as the incident report said, his teacher "tried to tell him to get down, but he doesn't listen." haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment