Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Terms of endearment.

So I finally got to head over the the infamous 'Bunny store' on the island. It is a really cute little kids store, kind of like a Babies R Us but much smaller. The great thing they do have is really cheap clothes! I picked up some shirts for both the kids, including this little number for Mimi for about $4! I loved the glittery hearts & bunnies & did notice when I bought it, it said something along the bottom, but I didn't notice more than that. After all, most Japanese clothes have some sort of crazy writing all over them. When I put it on her this morning, I looked closer & saw that it said "Mimichan". This struck me as sooooo odd bc chan is used as a term of endearment from mothers or grandmothers towards little kids! So sometimes when we take Oliver to school, the teachers will greet Mimi w a "Hello, Mimi chan!" Kind of like san is used for older people. We all remember Daniel san from Karate Kid, right! What a crazy coincidence! Clearly she is going to need more of these shirts!!! I don't know if it is a brand or why it is on here, but I LOVE it!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy!!! I will have to keep an eye out for that from now on :O) It was meant for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do! I was actually going to go back today to get a couple more but (as I do) I talked myself out of it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO!!! If you take me I will convince you that you can not live without it :O)

    ReplyDelete