Today I finally got to do something I have been planning since last year when I did my sister in law, Katie's, belly cast. I got to do a cast of my own. When we first moved here, I ran into an art teacher, Alyson, who told me she was starting to do belly paintings. I figured since she was into that, she might also be persuaded to do a cast on me. What did I have to lose? Fast fwd 4 months & we both figured it was about time to get things started. Today she came over to spend a very long day & get very familiar w me. I invited my doula, Nancy, to come over as well to be an extra set of hands for the casting.
Here's a picture of Alyson holding my cast for me.
Next project up: choosing the image for my belly painting. I didn't really have any ideas for this but Alyson came prepared w some images to inspire me. I ended up choosing to do a painting based on a piece of art by a famous Japanese artist called Hiroshige. I won't pretend I know anything about this artist, bc I don't. I just liked the colors in the picture. His image is called

Trisha, what a beautiful picture! I think your cast is awesome. What a neat idea? How long will the paint stay on your belly?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately the painting was done w face paints, so bc my shirt was rubbing my tummy it didn't stay perfect for very long. Then the kids wanted to touch it, etc. They had blue hands! Sadly, it was washed away at the end of the night.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!!! Love the cast and the picture of your belly by the sea wall.
ReplyDelete