Last week Oliver had his first dental check up since moving here to Okinawa. Unlike KS, we have a pediatric dental clinic here so the kids are seen earlier than 3. But bc we have always gone to a family dentist, Mimi had never had a real cleaning. She did have to have her teeth looked at bf we left KS but she had never actually had a real apt so I was pretty apprehensive about how she would handle this. Especially since, every time I mentioned the dentist or her apt she would say - I'm not going. I was worried. Luckily, I was able to take her alone during the day & I actually scheduled the apt for my due date. I did tell the receptionist I might be having a baby, but I should have known better. For some reason, my babies don't like to be on time. As I write this I am currently going on the end of my plus 1. That's 40wks, 1 day. As soon as we got there she was ready to get started. Every time someone would come out of the back she would say - Is that my dentist? Once she was called back she rolled right along w everything they told her to do. She climbed right up in the chair. Choose her toothbrush. Got some pink sunglasses. Had a quick once over w the brush & then let the tech polish & floss her teeth. Of course, I mentioned I might be snapping pictures like a paparazzi but the tech didn't seem to notice. I am always grateful for moments of bravery on her part, but of course I was really proud today!
Mimi shows off her purple toothbrush.
Mimi shows off her purple toothbrush.
Fancy pink sunglasses!

I love them!! Thanks for posting these!! I will have to show them to Kate to get her excited about going :O)
ReplyDelete