Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas

Our Christmas morning started w much excitement & w the kids making several trips up & down the stairs before we finally got out of bed. Oliver was about to burst & could hardly wait to rip open his gifts, as we just tried to make sure our coffee cups were filled. But then I guess that's the way it should be...

Here's Oliver dancing frantically to keep himself from ripping right into this package.
There were tons of gifts, too many to mention, but this year Oliver asked Santa for Space Police Legos & Mimi wanted a new baby, after she had colored Rosie head to toe in fingernail polish. Actually, I should say, it didn't bother her at all, but I couldn't handle looking at Rosie now that she looked as if she had been murdered, w streaks & dots of red fingernail polish all over her...



The kids had a really great day but for us, I'd say it was way more exhausting than we expected. Ryan & I spent the whole day cleaning, cooking, assembling, cleaning, sorting, & cleaning some more. For breakfast I had made a scrambled egg casserole, cinnamon rolls & hot chocolate & whipped cream (from scratch)! None of which the kids even ate!!! Ryan built almost every lego space ship, car or boat that Oliver got, which amounted to a small army, as well as Mimi's doll house. By the time we both finally got a chance to sit down, it was time to get ready to go to some friend's house for dinner. But probably the funniest pictures of the day were Mimi's transformation from full decked out fairy princess/bride to half naked & passed out, two mismatched shoes, no less! She has been in high heels since Christmas day & doesn't care if they are matching or not. My only rule is she can't wear them on our very steep stairs or outside!


Princess Mimi.



Passed out Mimi.


No comments:

Post a Comment