Saturday, December 19, 2009

RMEC Christmas program

It has only been since Nov 1st that Oliver has been at Rainbow Montessori Education Center but the time has really flown by! A few weeks ago we watched his Thanksgiving program, where he was an Indian! No pictures were taken that day bc, sadly, I forgot my camera. ugh...
This Friday was his last day till the New Year so they had their Christmas Program, gift exchange & a potluck dinner afterward. Even though the programs can get long it's always fun to see what the kids are getting to do, & inevitably, who will end up crying! This time, I was quite surprised to see in the list of events, that Oliver would be first, giving the Program's Opening Remarks! For those of you who know Oliver's history w microphones & crowds of people, you know I had reason to be a little nervous...

Well I wasn't the only one... Oliver came out to help Ms. Lorna, the school Director, give the Opening Remarks & I think he got a little nervous too. I tried to upload the video I took of him reading but to my frustration, after trying for 3 days, I finally gave up w doing it thru this site. So... I uploaded it to youtube & put the link in here. Whew... I just hope YOU can view it!




Hopefully you can tell that Oliver has really started reading since beginning Montessori. I knew he had a lot of the basic understanding of sight words & phonics when we got here, but it is very exciting for us to see how they have allowed him to take it to the next level.

Here is a shot of Oliver & some of his friends lining up for the last dance number!
















Here is Oliver w his two classroom teachers, Ms Lorena



















And Ms Rhoda...





















And the school Director, Ms Lorna.





















Oliver told all his teachers goodbye till the New Year & even got a little teary knowing he wouldn't be back for 2 wks! Two wks to a 4 yr old is a LONG time!! Now, what to do with him over the break...

2 comments: