To switch up our normal Saturday routine & since Ryan is gone, I took the kids to Araha Beach. It's only about 20 minutes away & I was pretty sure I wouldn't get lost since there are no major turns from the main road & I have been there before. haha...
Before we hit the beach & giant wooden pirate ship, I wanted to get some exercise in for me! I jogged with Mimi in the stroller while Oliver finally got to break his bike out. It was really nice to run in the sunshine with such a great view!
The kids were perfectly happy to dig in the sand since we couldn't get wet. I wasn't sure how the water temp would be so I came prepared with towels & suits but I really
There was an odd, abandoned boat near the water, so of course the kids wanted to be right next to it. They probably would have had more fun with it but it was filled with water...
After the beach, the kids & I walked to an open air burger place called Jet City Burgers http://ssjcb.com/ and had lunch. The burgers are kind of strange here & they serve them with an onion broth soup. I haven't figured out what that's about, but the kids seem to enjoy it & it has an island feel being right off the beach. I didn't feel bad, walking up, about our legs covered with sand... Plus, we had been there before & I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to try out a new restaurant without Ryan. The kids were the happiest when they saw all the dogs. Being dog friendly, there is a sign outside that says 'Dog Cafe'! There were a couple of little furry guys wandering around & one came right up
nice beach, looks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI'll see you guys soon. Icant wail love you all
ReplyDeleteI love the blog...you are so good...I can't even get myself to post pics! The island sounds great...I'm jealous :)
ReplyDelete