Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I turned 31.


So this year it would have been fine (by me) to just over look my bday. 31's not especially important, or one of those milestone birthdays you either dread or relish. I have a body that reminds me daily why I don't want to leave the house. I have clothes that can best be described as ill fitting. I have a newborn baby that keeps me chained (in a good way) to a 3 hour schedule from 730am to 10pm. I have a 5 year old that has to be taken to & from school 3 days a week. I have a 3 year old who just had her own big birthday celebration. Plus, I have a husband who has (unfortunately) been sucked back into the soul crushing vacuum we know as 'work'. So you can see how a birthday, considering, is not all that big of a deal to me this year. However, there are people at work in the universe who think differently. My friend, Courtney, could not let my birthday go by uncelebrated. It was unfathomable. Luckily she forced me to lunch (again, in a good way) at the sushi go round, along w several other ladies, babies, toddlers & one visiting Mama. Elliot was 5 wks & it was the first time I had been out to eat since he was born. Shocking, I know. I was pleasantly surprised & it gave me some needed confidence to be able to get out & do things alone (by alone I mean without Ryan & by things I mean other than errands at the commissary/Bx). There were no major meltdowns, diaper explosions or any number of other things that could have potentially gone wrong. Honestly, it was pretty easy.
For dinner I made myself my favorite enchiladas from scratch. Ryan came home late w flowers & an assortment of cheesecakes & said, Sorry your birthday sucks. Which might not sound hilarious, but was. Then he reminded me that my 'real' birthday would be celebrated on the weekend when we took our little trip up to Okuma. More on that later.



So yeah, Happy Birthday to me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Why isn't there a pic of you eating cake???

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ARE pictures of me. But not eating cake. They aren't allowed to be shown bc, basically, Ryan is fired from taking pictures of me. They are always from unflattering angles.

    ReplyDelete