Ever since Elliot has arrived the kids have taken to opportunistic mischief. There's no other way to describe it. It's not as if I'm not here all day. I hardly sleep, honestly, there's little time to eat. I'm not watching tv. Maybe it's when I take a shower. However it happens, they seem to always find ways to cause chaos & disorder whenever they think they have 2 seconds of unsupervised time.
Something has disappeared. It's a box of crackers Mimi snatched off the counter. She's now in her room, door closed, sitting on the floor eating them as if she's never fed.
Someone made us some sweets. The kids open the fridge to eat all but one of the chocolate covered treats. Before 8am.
Oliver isn't hungry, in fact he says he has a stomach ache. About 5 seconds later he is starving & can't be bothered to wait for me. I find him toasting a bagel (which he does from time to time) & about to stick a knife in the toaster to fish it out.
It seems all roads of boredom usually lead to the kitchen.
Yesterday, even tho it rained most of the day, I let them go to the back patio to chalk on the small part of concrete not saturated w water. After that 10 minutes of entertainment became boring they came inside. They wiped their feet on the towel I had laid out. Then they disappeared. I assumed to play in their room. I suppose they realized I would be sitting for awhile as I was nursing Elliot. They lost control of reality, punishment & consequences.
Ryan came home w groceries & Mimi ran out to confess, there was a big, BIG mess.
This is what he found.
That picture is hilarious! Wow to bad they don't have summer camp ha! You better lock the cleaning supplies up!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that picture makes me laugh! I love Ryan's response, too. But seriously, I hope you get some rest!
ReplyDeleteOh man. Makes a mom really really thankful for school days! It's not you or anything you're doing or not doing, kids just have their moments. I remember finding Atticus and Violet in the laundry room with an entire box of cheerios dumped on the floor, jumping on them bubble wrap style. At the time I had only the two I have no excuse! Just the other day I found that my Ollie has been secretly coloring on the inside of his closet with markers. Lovely :)
ReplyDeleteHA! I love the idea of Ollie sneaky away every day to color his closet. Talk about an addiction!
ReplyDeleteLike his own private sanctuary. Just a boy and his art :)
ReplyDelete