Tuesday, February 8, 2011

en Okinawa (w gma Kaye & gpa Jim!)

When Ryan's parents came, we knew we had to take them to en Okinawa. It was such a hit the first time & like I promised, if you come to visit us & you're here on a Sunday, plan on doing this!
It was a little different this time. They had a tray of fresh fish they brought to your table where you could choose one & choose how it would be prepared. I thought this was pretty exciting! They also came w several different tiny appetizers, each one gooey-er than the next! Shudder. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what a single one was but I can tell you, they weren't really eaten!
Our tray of fresh fish!

Our prepared fish was delish! But it had a TON on tiny bones. :(

It was exciting to take gma & gpa out for some local food so we ordered lots of different items, some we'd had before & some new. Once we were done eating we were really excited for the show to start. The staff seemed quite worried abt Elliot. I guess being so small they were worried the drums would be too loud for him, so they kept telling me how loud it would be. Oh, we've been before! I kept saying... But he was younger then...

Gpa w Elliot - he's happy now...

The drum show was great. This time we were on the main floor so we had a front seat for the shisha dog too! It tried to take a nibble of Elliot & even let gpa stick his head in it's mouth! haha. I must say I spent most of the show walking around w Elliot. He didn't much care for the noise of the drums, too loud, as the staff had warned me. I'd get him settled down when there'd be a moment of quiet & as soon as the drums would start again, he would wail! Bless him! As I was waiting out by the bar, one of the drummers was waiting outside to make his entrance to play the gigantic taiko drum. He saw me w Elliot & motioned for the waiter to come over. After a quick exchange the waiter came over to me & said, He says this drum is much louder than the smaller drums! Of course, I nodded, Oh arigato, arigato, we've been here before! I said like an idiot! And as soon as that huge drum started pounding we headed straight for the door! It was like someone was pounding on your chest, it almost took your breath away. Poor little guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment