So the other night we went out to eat. Gasp! Shocking I know. Nothing else happened, aside from a great meal, but I still wanted to share. It was my first time having Korean bbq, but Ryan had been wanting some since we arrived on island. He is pretty familiar with it since his roommate in pilot training was Korean, I guess they used to eat it out a lot.
Actually I should say we tried to go out for Thai. It was New Year's Day & apparently a lot of restaurants & businesses close here bc we went to

all 3 Thai restaurants we know of & they were all closed! We decided on this Korean bbq place bc we have driven past it a lot & it seemed to be open, which pretty much met our requirements at that point.
~~Ryan pours his saki, which looks suspiciously like thinned milk. Eck.~~
Luckily, as I said, Ryan was familiar w the menu & style of food, otherwise I wouldn't have known what to get! Especially as most of the meat options are raw bc you cook it yourself! Ryan cooked some of the meat on
the table grill & then they brought us a separate burner that

sits on top of the table to cook the next dish. To my surprise, I discovered I really liked the kimchi. I have had it before but only from the grocery store & I've never been able to eat it. Maybe bc this was fresh it was better but either way, it was good. I also had some boiled pork that was surprisingly good & salty. I was a little scared to even try it bc I wasn't sure if it was cooked, but the waitress did make sure & tell us not to put it on the grill.

Oliver & I share a bowl...
Even though this place was pricey, we were totally stuffed when we left. We ordered a set meal for 2 but honestly it could have fed 4! Some other mentionable items were the cheese & kimchi crepe & the Okinawan lemon sherbet. There were some things like tongue & intestine on the menu but I wasn't feeling that adventurous. We'll see about those, I still have some time...
hey you're hair looks good! Food looks yummy. Glad you like Korean! One day I'll have to make you some kimchee fried rice.
ReplyDeleteYes Janell! Make me that! Yum yum...
ReplyDeletewell is looks like you are enjoying your great adventures. Pics are just too cute. Trisha you are really looking cute with this pregnacy, like the hair too. Tell everyone we love them and cant wait to see more. liZ
ReplyDeleteOkay, since you guys know what you doing, we all need to go together sometime so you can teach us :O)
ReplyDelete