Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oliver


I am constantly humbled by Oliver, who is painfully precocious & always has his 2 cents to add. Too often I find myself searching for a response or just trying to keep from bursting into laughter, which will only encourage his off the wall comments.
Some of the ridiculous & hilarious things Oliver has said lately:
When looking for furniture, Oliver was quite impressed w all of the carved wooden pieces at an import store. He asked the salesman how old the pieces were. "Some of them are very old" he was told. "Are they as old as Jesus?" Oliver asked.
Today he came home from school & told me he had learned about Saudi Arabia & colored the flag. He said, "There, the people say Ay, yaya (raising his hands) & they face the sun & kiss the ground. They do that 5 times a day! Then they don't eat for like, 15 days. They walk thru the desert w carpets & at night they sleep in a tent made out of goat".
Oliver had mud on his shoes when I got him from school & he said it was bc he was chasing his friend, Shibuki. Then said, "How about we name the baby Shibuki? Oliver, Amelia & Shibuki." He said it that way bc that's what we say when considering a name. Oliver, Amelia & so & so. I had to really keep from laughing at the thought of naming our next kid Shibuki so I just told him it was a nice name, but didn't really go w their names & since he already had a friend w that name...
I went to a furniture store to buy a mirror that was discounted bc the frame was scratched. But what piece of furniture do we own ISN'T... & for 50% off! When the salesman said, "You did see the 'damage'..." I said, "Just the scratches, that's fine". Oliver couldn't believe it. "What," he said, "you're going to buy this wrecked mirror? What are you, crazy??" I reminded him he just wrecks most things we have anyway so it would fit in nicely.
The other night we were hoping to go out for Thai food but all the Thai places were closed. Oliver LOVES Thai food so he was disappointed & I worried about the whining when we told him we would not be having sushi either. (His #1 requested eat out food). We went to Korean bbq & he said, "Is this something I've had before?" When I said no he said, "Hmm, I haven't ever had this before so I guess it's time to try something new!"

1 comment:

  1. I vote for Shibuki! Although, now Chris is telling me that's the name he had in mind for *our* kid if we ever make it to #3...

    ReplyDelete