Friday, January 15, 2010

Our first earthquake!

Tonight during movie night it was dark & loud. So dark & loud that I almost didn't pay any attention to the earthquake we had! I was sitting on the end couch next to Mimi & Oliver. I felt what felt like someone shaking their leg up & down so I looked down the couch to see who was moving so much. The kids were still & I looked across the room to Ryan who was sitting on the love seat. He was mouthing something to me but it was so dark I couldn't tell what it was. Did you feel that, he asked. I said, Yeah what was it. When he told me it was an earthquake I kind of didn't believe him. Are you sure, I asked?? A few minutes later I guess his curiosity got the best of him & he looked it up online.

Here we are: Naha is the town about 20 miles from us & Okinawa is in the Ryukyu Islands!
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010rma6.php

1 comment:

  1. how fun, I remember being excited, not scared, experiencing my first earthquake too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete