Friday, July 30, 2010

Practice, practice, practice

Monday was a busy day. First we hit Starbucks for coffee. Then went out to a park. Followed of course, by lunch on the seawall. Not to mention, this was all impromptu!
All of these things flowed w a natural progression. On my way to take Oliver to school, Courtney called & suggested coffee. Now she doesn't even drink coffee but she knows there's one question to which my answer will always be yes. Do you want to go to Starbucks?
Luckily I actually had my camera (& diapers & nursing pads) w me so I said yes. I am looking for any opportunity to practice taking pictures so after coffee I said, Let's go outside so we can take pictures! Bc there is one question to which her answer will always be yes. We met up at the park w Courtney's sister, Kathleen. The kids were all hot messes by the time we left bc the humidity is out of control here. About noon we were all thinking the same thing - lunch, air conditioning & since we each had about 2000 yen on us, a place that actually takes a debit card. Here are the pics from our day.


Elliot. Bless his big noggin. He is such a potato! This picture was inside but I was sitting by a window. I just wanted to get one of him smiling but here his is talking away & looks like Jabba the hut. Can't you just hear him saying - Gooooooo!

I am so busy watching the meter inside my camera I'm lucky to get any pictures of the kids at all.


I like the Japanese signs that give you tips on how to behave. Probably for all the bratty American kids.

Jackson, Mimi & Kate.

Attached to the park is a skate park enclosed by a gate. I like that they are so safety minded, unless of course you are a small child riding in a car. Then you are free to roam about the cabin. No helmet or car seat/safety belt required.

3 comments:

  1. look at those pictures! you are getting so good! glad we know what to say to make each other hang out with each other (does that make sense? ) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mimi looks like she had a growth spurt since I last saw her, she looks so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think she just keeps getting taller! She put on some 3T pants the other day & they were at her ankles! Ugh! Luckily she is wearing a uniform to school this year. I'm not funding a whole new wardrobe just bc she grew too fast! haha

    ReplyDelete