Sunday, September 19, 2010

Elliot 4 months

This week we were reminded how precious life is & how quickly life can change. If you love people in your life, tell them everyday. Especially if you are busy & in the same old routine of daily life. I am constantly amazed by Ryan & my kids. Even tho I tell them every day I love them I still don't think I can tell them enough how important they are to me. My wish for myself is that I am able to slow down, turn off the computer & look at & listen to the things they think are important as often as I can. At mass today we discussed a reading from the Gospel of Luke. No man can serve two masters. We were then asked who we served. My hope is that I can serve my family before any other obligations.
This week some other things happened that were really great. Elliot turned 4 months. We found amazing, made to order Thai food cooked in a woman's house on base. We finally chose Elliot's Godfather & I fit into an old pair of pants!
Ryan also wore his dress blues this week which gave me an idea to get some pictures. For some reason, when I see the guys in their dress uniforms it makes me think even more about our wonderful military life & the heritage we have. I also think about the sacrifice that families have to make sharing a wonderful father & husband w the country & world. I know Ryan always wants to be here w us but very often he can't be. I hope the kids will always be proud of him & understand his sacrifice & the sacrifice we all make as military families.









These didn't come out exactly as I had planned. But does anything really? haha
At Elliot's 4 month appt his stats were: Height 25in Weight 14lbs 14oz. I think they said he is in about the 75% but I tried to check online & couldn't confirm that. Either way, everyone who sees him says he is a BIG baby! Luckily he has a big, flirty smile to go along w that!

4 comments:

  1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE frame that second photo!!!!! It makes me so happy!!! Just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of light and depth of field. Great composition of Elliot and using Ryan's uniform as a back drop and arm as a frame. Elliot's eyes are mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jason, I really appreciate you taking the time to read my blog & give me feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them all. I really like the first one especially. Feet pics are my fave. :)

    ReplyDelete