When I was little I was sick a lot & my grandma began giving me a bowl to throw up in. Now, years later, whenever my kids get sick they automatically know to go & get their bowl. So Mimi found her place on the couch w her blanket, pillow & bowl. Just in case.
This is the point in the story where I tell you something else about me - I have always wanted to be an expert in the art of french braiding hair. I know, I know, most of you have probably been doing it for years but somehow I never learned. Since I have had Mimi I'm pretty sure she was given such a glorious mane of hair to fulfill all my desires & stop me from secretly envying all those perfect plaits I see other girls sporting about. For months I have been working on my braiding skills & another good thing about Mimi is, when it comes to matters of hair, she is pretty patient. Today I told her after she got her bowl, I would braid her hair. I threw in that it would keep her hair out of her face (& potential puke) just in case she was on the fence. I sat up a chair in front of the couch & w her bowl & lili, she sat watching cartoons. She sat the whole time, never complaining, patiently watching tv while I pulled & wrestled, twisted & cussed (under my breath) for about 15 minutes. Until my masterpiece was complete. And I must say, I was well impressed w both of us. I told her it was beautiful & asked is she wanted to see it. No thank you, she said, I'm sick. I carried her to the mirror but it was still hard to see so I told her (naturally) I'd take a picture to show her.
She was over pictures bf I even started so I borrowed this idea from my friend Courtney. I told Mimi I absolutely was not taking her picture & then I asked her to tell me the story of the morning & how she woke up sick & what happened.
Later in the afternoon I saw her carry her blanket to the back of the house. I realized it had been awhile since I had heard much from her so I went to see if she was playing & found her asleep. I was washing my sheets & had left my comforter & uncovered pillows next to the bed & that was where she decided to sleep.
I closed the door & she slept for almost 3 hours!
You did such a great job capturing her on that day :O) Great job on the braids!
ReplyDelete