Thursday, September 2, 2010

First day of school treat

When Oliver first started school I was very worried about how he would handle it. I wanted to do something to show him how important school was & how really great it could be. I wanted to make the first day of school really special to start the year off great for him. I hadn't really realized, but it seemed after his first day of school we'd always go for ice cream after so that sort of became the tradition. This year we got to have TWO special first-day-of-school-treats bc Oliver started on Mon & Mimi started on Wed. Of course they were very happy to get ice cream on two days! On Mon we just went to Baskin Robbins at the Bx bc I needed to run some errands but on Wed we got to go to the Big Dip. The kids love the Big Dip & I love to see the interesting new flavors they have. My favorites have been, Okinawa Salt Cookie, Beni-imo (Okinawan sweet potato), & Peanut (not like peanut butter but like vanilla w peanuts!).
Today Big Dip was featuring a new flavor. Pistachio, which I have had & is quite delicious. But unfortunately this sign falls into the "Engrish, oh no they di'ent!" category.

Ugh, please excuse Mimi's mess of a face in this one! haha

Melon soda for me. It's best w soft serve in it but I'm trying to cut back. haha

Elliot's happy & he didn't even have any treats! What a good baby!

2 comments: