It's a long story about how I didn't think the kids had school past Mon & Tues this week but basically at 10pm Tues night, I realized if the weather was all clear, school would be open & they both would be expected there! I guess it was good that way bc it kept my mind off the fact Mimi was starting school. I had mixed feelings about Mimi going to school & I was worried she might not do well the first day. I knew for sure, if she was going to cry, so was I. So that night I laid out their uniforms & hoped they wouldn't be too caught off guard when I announced the next morning they'd be going to school!
When Mimi woke up she put her uniform on straight away & came into my room. You're going to school today, I told her. Yea!!! she said. Then, among other things, I had to make two lunch boxes! I have all these cute ideas I want to do for back to school pics but I'm STILL waiting on the rest of Mimi's uniform. Ugh. The school orders them from the Philippines so right now she only has one shirt & the girls are supposed to wear plaid skirts! Anyway, these are the ones I got from the morning.
Getting ready!
Two lunches now!
Grabbing her lunch.
I love these ones of them together. Sometimes they are the best of friends.
Two big kids going to school in the car. Don't worry, I wasn't actually driving.
We found out that Oliver's teacher from last year moved to Mimi's room so she was very happy to see Ms Lorena!
Since the kids go to a Japanese school, they don't wear shoes in the classroom. Here are their shoe cubbies.
Mimi had the best day & when I went to pick them up she went on & on about the songs she learned & her new friends.
Looking at these pictures, I realized how big Oliver is now! This would be Oliver's kindergarten year if he were going to public school but we aren't going thru the big transition a lot of 5 yr olds did this year. Next year, 1st grade, will be the big jump to a new school for him so I'm sure I'll be all emotion next year too!
No comments:
Post a Comment