Saturday, September 25, 2010

Good day, sunshine

I have been wanting to get some pictures of Mimi for quite some time. You're probably thinking - why, you have TONS of pictures of her? Well actually, I usually only get a couple for every 20 shots I take. Unlike Oliver who can pretty much give me a great photo 75% of the time.
I had been planning these photos for awhile tho. I knew where I wanted to take them, what time of day & what I most wanted to capture. I also knew Mimi would be wearing a little blue shirt that was mine when I was a little girl. I don't have tons of things to pass down to my kids. I think especially having a daughter, you want to have something special for her that was your own from childhood. I was so glad I got some beautiful photos of my girl tonight.











Mimi & Jackson


4 comments:

  1. great job, some of your best yet! wish I had something to pass down to my kids. what a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to the first and fourth photo's of Mimi. Great use of back light and rule of thirds. I really like how her eyes make me wonder what she is looking at on the first shot. Also the umbrella acts as a perfect light modifier. It softens it so nicely. In the fourth shot the use of depth of field gives the photo presence and love the raking light beaming through the trees and hand fan then streaking across the foreground. It helps to have such a beautiful subject to focus on but your technique is improving every time you depress the shutter button. Your also developing your style and look...before long I will be able to observe any photo and tell if it's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out fantasic! What a great memory for the both of you. You really captured some great personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I love these!! My favorite is #4!! I love how it captures a moment that you just want to be a part of :O) You did an amazing job!! Well done!! Soon I will be asking you for pointers :O)

    ReplyDelete