Tonight Courtney & I went out to dinner. That's right. 2 moms, 5 kids. What were we thinking? Arashi (also known as the vending machine restaurant) is always a favorite place to eat. You order at a machine just inside the front door by sliding your money in & pressing the buttons for your selections. The machine spits out little paper tickets & your change. Then the waitress asks for your tickets & you sit down. Although the food here is super yum, I have decided this restaurant is tailored toward chaotic dinning. For some reason the kids always act nuts when we are here. Consistently. And about 5 minutes after you sit down your food starts coming in a flurry. The tables are very small & the food is brought on very large platters, thus making dinning w children very difficult. We have been here several times but I've never actually been able to take any pictures.
They bring the rice out in a super hot cast iron skillet, cracked egg all around it w a lovely, big pat of butter on top! You're supposed to stir it so it cooks the egg! The rice gets really brown & crispy too! Yum.
They bring the rice out in a super hot cast iron skillet, cracked egg all around it w a lovely, big pat of butter on top! You're supposed to stir it so it cooks the egg! The rice gets really brown & crispy too! Yum.
ahh I'm so jealous! Arashi used to be one of our favorite restaurants! Us Yokota-ans called it the garlic ramen place though. LOL. I miss eating out in Japan! Don't you just love their super efficient systems in restaurants?
ReplyDeleteThese are great!! The lighting on the rice is spot on :O)
ReplyDelete