Ryan just left us for his first trip since Elliot was born. I feel lucky bc here, he is home more than ever before. And really this time around, as far as the kids go I feel like I have a handle on things. Tonight I'll probably wish I'd never said that. But for now, movie playing, popcorn being munched, life is quite & contained to the couch.
Back to business. Have you ever been forced to eat one of Ryan's... creations? Every so often he has a dream (I'm not kidding) or sees something on tv or decides to bust out one of my cookbooks & then he rolls up his sleeves & declares, Daddy's cookin! I like when Ryan cooks. He did most of it in the first few weeks Elliot was born. But it's when he gets in a particular mood that his cooking turns into - well, a bit of a spectacle. His cooking most always involves lots of ingredients not on hand & certainly the most expensive at the store, several hours of prep or cook time, possibly even the purchase of new cook wear. And is always accompanied by 'fancy plates' & candles. So when he told me he had thought up a new meal to make the night before he left, I knew we were in for - something.
Apparently he saw on tv, some kind of pizza dish that was made upside down & baked in the oven, then flipped over & served. You get the idea. So this is what we got:
Ryan gets crazy making pizza dough!

Unfortunately the dough has to 'rise' leaving me half an hour to drink this!

Bowls of cheese, marinara, pepperoni & Italian sausage covered in pizza dough!

Someone is happy!

Now comes the flip!

The finished product!

Apparently he saw on tv, some kind of pizza dish that was made upside down & baked in the oven, then flipped over & served. You get the idea. So this is what we got:
Ryan gets crazy making pizza dough!
Unfortunately the dough has to 'rise' leaving me half an hour to drink this!
Bowls of cheese, marinara, pepperoni & Italian sausage covered in pizza dough!
Someone is happy!
Now comes the flip!
The finished product!
This is sooo funny I swear Jamie is the same way! He doesn't dream about a recipe, but will see a show or think about it and do the same thing as Ryan! He buys spices and ingredients I've never even heard of for his special creations. LOL. But he doesn't serve it on fancy plates. This cracked me up, I even made Jamie read it, they really are brothers. (although sometimes it annoys me because he leaves such a huge mess, haha). That pizza looks really good, can you email me the recipe?
ReplyDelete