That's what the kids called it.
I don't remember the first time I heard about the wish bone I just remember it was a tradition at Thanksgiving. Tonight for the first time, or maybe just the first time they remember, I told the kids about the wish bone. And you know what? I forgot about the magical part of childhood where you actually believe in things like wish bones. I remember whenOliver blew out his birthday candle this year he held his eyes closed so tight & for so long. I wondered if he'd forgotten what to do next. Then a couple of days later he was crying & told me about how he had wished for a spaceship & when he went to the backyard to see it, it wasn't there. I was amazed. I forgot that for a brief moment in life, we actually believe in wishing. I felt bad. I see a lot of myself in Oliver & when I was a child I remember wishing, just wishing that maybe if I wished hard enough for things, they would come true. 
There are probably a few things I could wish for now. Certainly some things I would wish away.
Tonight Mimi won the wish bone & she told me her wish out loud, so I don't feel bad telling you. Bc I don't think 3 yr olds posses the skills to think something & not say it. She wished for painted toes. I can probably make that happen.
I don't remember the first time I heard about the wish bone I just remember it was a tradition at Thanksgiving. Tonight for the first time, or maybe just the first time they remember, I told the kids about the wish bone. And you know what? I forgot about the magical part of childhood where you actually believe in things like wish bones. I remember when
There are probably a few things I could wish for now. Certainly some things I would wish away.
Tonight Mimi won the wish bone & she told me her wish out loud, so I don't feel bad telling you. Bc I don't think 3 yr olds posses the skills to think something & not say it. She wished for painted toes. I can probably make that happen.

Great job with your focus and DOF!! Awww, I miss wishing too!!
ReplyDelete