Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zoo

Today we braved the Okinawa heat to take the kids to the zoo. It has been awhile since we've been here, actually the last time was in Feb. I was pregnant & thought it was hot then! That was before I met Okinawa in August. Whew.
I have to be honest, the zoo here is slightly depressing. Coming back here, it seemed even a little more sad than before. And actually we didn't wander around seeing as many animals as we had last time. We took a different route & saw some things we had missed.
We let the kids ride the little electric cars & Oliver chose the 'chopper'. haha


I quickly discovered Mimi was not capable of holding the gas down & steering so I had Oliver jump in with her. She wasn't thrilled & I love this picture of them! The look like an old married couple!


Ryan got to try out some manual shooting while the kids were on the carousel.


Next up, the kids got to ride a little pony! I think out of all the animals, the ponies seemed the happiest today. I couldn't have let the kids ride them if they looked miserable.






As we were wandering around I saw this random Coca Cola bench & since Mimi was wearing her 4th of July dress I thought it would be a great photo op! Mimi is not as keen as Oliver when it comes to my new photography hobby & this is what I get when she is fed up w my picture taking.


Next up, the petting zoo. We missed this last time & I love interactive stuff like this, whereas for Ryan, it's a germy nightmare! haha Mimi's favorite thing was the baby chicks & she kept asking to hold them the whole time.




As we were leaving we passed a covered table where you could pay 10Yen (abt 10 cents) to stamp paper w rubber & foam stamps. I thought these stamps were amazing bc they are made out of foam & I'm almost certain they're hand carved. Hmmm... now I'm wondering why I only got a picture of them & not an actual stamp.


6 comments:

  1. Fun times! I love all the pictures. Ryan you did a great job on manual. Was the merry-go-round moving? If so mad props to Ryan. Ha Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Trisha!! These are amazing!! Your exposure looks dead on! Which is hard during full sun!! I'm impressed :O) You can tell Ryan he did a great job too or you can leave that part out :O) he he I LOVE the one of them in the car and I actually really like Mimi's expression with the bench and the dress!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SO much guys. I was actually SOOOO disapointed bc I didn't get any good ones w Mimi & the chicks! I should have had my aperture lower (bigger number I mean) bc either she or the chick was out of focus every time! Ugh!!!
    Oh & as for Ryan, hehe, that one I edited bc it was pretty dark but it was the best of the ones he did! He got flusted trying to shoot a moving carousel under shadows & just switched to auto! haha! Not so easy after all, huh! Of course he blamed that pesky shutter speed wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha, the photos are beautiful. I love the depth of field but even better then the technical stuff is the expressions and framing. Cannot wait to see more. As for Ryan, he's more of a point-n-shoot kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Jason! I am trying really hard! Oh & I'll let him know you said so. hehe
    PS, can't wait to see that baby of yours, sure to be the most photographed baby EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic of mimi looks like a commercial ad!

    ReplyDelete